Guitar Solo


On Mother's Day Joshua did his very first guitar solo. The songs he played for the Sunday School class were, He's got the whole world in His Hands and One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism. Ezra asked Josh if he would play for Mother's Day and Josh agreed to do it. We weren't sure if he would actually do it because he tends to by shy sometimes and is very hard on himself if he makes a mistake. Some of the children don't always get to church on time, but I go ahead and start because of the time constraints we have from renting the chapel. Josh had already played his solo but as soon as the other children arrived he jumped out of his seat and wanted to play it agian for them. He also sang as he played! Jason his teacher was very pleased because he says, it is not easy to play and sing at the same time. Jason is an excellent guitar teacher. He is very patient and loves to teach. He teaches at a local high school nearby. He says Josh seems to be picking it up very quick. Unfortunately, I don't play any instruments. I tried a stab at piano but I don't think I was dedicated enough. Also, my teacher at the time said, "it definitely is a talent." LOL! Which I don't think I have. Ezra is playing the piano and every now and then will play in service. Most the time we use the pre-recorded songs that a good friend programmed on the church keyboard. I must say though there is nothing like live music. I can't wait until Josh and Ezra are playing all the time for our church services!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vacation in Washington and Oregon

SeaWorld Bay of Play

They Got It!