Sometimes....


My mom gave me this poem several years ago and I've held onto it ever since. Every once in awhile I go back to it and read it or I'll share it with someone that needs to know that we all have a "Sometimes" in our life. A couple of months ago a wonderful friend of mine named Annie died of pneumonia. She was only 37 years old and so full of life. My heart was broken and I was so sad because I won't be able to hear her beautiful voice again. I loved it when we talked and she would say, "Do you want to hear what my God has done for me today." She would tell me of financial blessings the Lord had done for her family and other specific prayers that the Lord had answered. One right after another the stories kept coming. They were wonderful stories and really lifted my faith. I remember talking to her one time and saying, "It really sounds like you have the Lord's attention can you please help me pray for this and that." She said, "Yes, I will pray but you have to let me know when it happens." I remember calling her and telling her to keep on praying because what I specifically asked her to pray for came to pass. That was the last time I would ever talk with her again. My heart ached for her children and husband whom she left behind so suddenly. I'd been in contact with her preteen daughter and shared this poem with her and it really lifted her spirit. She thanked me for sharing it with her. I know no words will ever bring back her mother but everyone has "sometimes" that they go through and I wanted to give her comfort for her hurting heart. I can't imagine losing my mom at such a young age or even now that I'm a grown woman. So please read the poem to the end and if your having a "sometimes" moment, I pray it lifts your spirit too! Sometimes I sing Alleluia, sometimes I'm filled with pain, sometimes, I reach the mountaintop, sometimes I try in vain. Sometimes I feel so close to God, sometimes He's so far away. Sometimes, we walk and talk, sometimes I cannot pray. Sometimes, I feel so confused, sometimes I understand. Sometimes, I really need a friend, I feel Him take my hand. Sometimes, I'm really lost in doubt, He helps my mind to see. Sometimes, I want to turn away, He says, "Come follow me." I feel that Jesus is aware of my struggles to be free, to break from sometimes and to love Him constantly. The Lord accepts me as I am, He looks in my heart and sees, He knows I try, but I am so weak, He knows and still loves me. -Author Unknown

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vacation in Washington and Oregon

SeaWorld Bay of Play

They Got It!