They Got It!


Yahoo! I got a wonderful report from my beautiful mom today! A couple that my dad has been witnessing to got the HOLY GHOST!!! He is real and ready to feel the hungry and thirsty souls. Mom said, "Andrew and I shouted in the front of the chuch and we rejoiced!" My heart rejocied with hers and I was extremely happy for the church at Faith Tabernacle. It is a Home Missions church in the city of Sanger, CA. I was born and raised there but I got delivered from that place! Just kidding. Well kind of! I have wonderful memories of the little town and I can remember when McDonald's came to town. The population at the time was about 13,000. I believe the population has over 25,000 now. The town has a high crime rate. The gang activity there is very bad. My mom was raised there and my dad moved from Los Angeles as a teenager and met my mom and fell in love with her and had 6 kids. 5 of us are still living. 6 kids what in the world was she thinking? Mom says, "We didn't think, we just had you." Life was full of fun and games and heartaches and pains, but we managed to get through every one of them and the Lord showed HIMSELF strong through every trial and tribulation and lifted us up again. Truly his eye is on the sparrow and he indeed watches over us! I wouldn't trade my family for any other, for to me I got the best of the bunch! We are all close and definitely are friends. Its a shame we all don't get to see each other as often as we like, but my mom is coming and I can't wait to see her in about 7 days!


Back to the Holy Ghost. I took the twins to a Baskin Robbins near our home a couple of months ago and the server asked me what the twins names were. I told her Josiah and Judah. Quite often I get this same response. Oh, biblical names, strong names! Anyway, she said, "I'm a Christian too!" I said, "Great." She said, "What church do you attend?" I said, "My husband pastors a church here in the area." She said, "Oh what is the name and I told her the name and she said, OH Pentecostal, I didn't know they were still around?" I said, "Oh yes." She said, "Oh you're the ones that speak in tongues and stuff?" I said, "You're a Christian, right?" She said, "Yes!" I said, "And you don't have the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in other tongues?" She said, OH NO!" I said, "You know it is in the Bible, right?" She looked startled for a second and she said, "Yes, but what about the interpreter?" I said, "Well how can you have an interpreter if you don't speak in tongues and furthermore why wouldn't you want this precious gift that God has so freely given?" I said, "As far as I'm concerned you are missing out big time and that is to bad for you because you can have it!"I left her speechless and she just shook her head. You know what amazes me is that certain Christians think that it is outdated and its only for the super Christians and excuse after excuse. What a life changing experience and I can't imagine why anybody wouldn't want it! Especially people who call themselves Christians! A song that I love to sing comes to mind right now and the words are, I got it, I got it, I got it, I got it, something about the power of the Holy Ghost I can't explain it but I got it, I got it. How can you explain the Hope of glory filling you up with His Spirit that a language you've never ever spoke in you life comes flowing out of you. I was 11 years old when I received the Holy Ghost and let me tell you my life has never ever been the same. It was like FIRE! I felt it from the top of my head to the soles of my feet. I must of talked in tongues for about an hour. I shook like a leaf and tears of joy ran down my face like flood gates. I truly was a transformed person and walked, talked, looked different! I've had experiences with Him that people can only dream of! The Holy Ghost, Jesus Christ the Hope of Glory, living and breathing inside of me. What an honor and a priviledge. Yes, I am blessed! I agree with Tramaine Hawkins, A change a wonderful change had come over me! He changed my life and now I truly was complete! Ezra got the Holy Ghost when he was older and instantaneously had no more desire to smoke and drink and live the life of a transgressor. Only the Holy Ghost can do that! So today at Faith Taberncale two wonderful souls that the Lord has been beckoning to open the door, responded and opened it up wide. They felt the FIRE, the Joy unspeakable and full of glory! Yes, they GOT IT! Thank you Jesus our sweet Holy Ghost!

"In your face devil" -Matt Maddix

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow girl....you've been busy blogging since the last time I came by. Fun reading....:)
Unknown said…
Hey girl-
Awesome report from your Mom & Dad! Love it!!! That's what it's all about! Hey you guys are invited June 22nd at our church....we're having Jon Shoemake preach and a few other churches are supposed to join us as well. We'll go eat after. We'd love to have you & your church at 3:00 p.m. Email me and I'll give you the address. Love you..
Shawnna
shawnnabuxton@gmail.com
Hey Anna,

Yes, I'm addicted to blogging. I'm glad you enjoy reading my stuff! Love ya! ;)

Hey Shawnna,

Talked to Ezra and he wants to go. We'll be announcing it to the church this Sunday! Also, my mom will be here and I think she'll enjoy seeing you and the familia! I will email you for the directions! Love you too!
Unknown said…
I can't wait to see your Mom! Its been too long!! Get me your email....this is a funny way of communicating sometimes! LOL. Love you lots...
Shawnna

Popular posts from this blog

Vacation in Washington and Oregon

SeaWorld Bay of Play