Black eye...OUCH!


Judah has a black eye that Jojo gave to him. They both decided to get on daddy's back at the same time and Jojo hit Judah with his head near his eye. Judah looks tore up. Needless to say the black eye is now finally fading! Every time I turn around these two have bumps and bruises!


I met two wonderful ladies yesterday that had a story to tell. The first lady I met has been diagnosed with colon cancer. She began to cry and tell me that she has been sick for over a year now. She said, she feels very helpless and can't do anything. She wore a mask because she didn't want to get infections from people that may be sick. I grabbed her hand gently and began to pray that the good Lord would heal her. She began to weep and I wept with her. We stopped praying and she grabbed me and hugged me and began sobbing. She thanked me for praying for her. I held her for a few moments and began to pray again. I said, do you believe the Lord will heal you? She said, she prays everyday for healing. I said, then the Lord has heard you and he sent me to tell you everything is going to be fine. I told her my mother was diagnosed with cancer when I was a young girl and the Lord healed her and she hasn't had a trace found in her body ever since. She thanked me and thanked me and we departed. I don't know if I will ever know what the rest of the story will be, but I do know the Lord heard her prayer and I believe he heard mine too!


The other lady I met told me of a good friend whose husband was kidnapped in Mexico. She began telling me that they had everything you can ever want and hope for materialistically. They were filthy rich. She said, the man was a lawyer and did well in his occupation and the wife was a school teacher. She said about three years ago her husband got kidnapped and was held for ransom. The kidnappers demanded money in order for her to get her husband back. She got a second on her home for very LARGE sum of money. I mean LARGE sum of money!! The wife had it forwarded to the kidnappers and she got her husband back. DEAD! The kidnappers had poured acid on him and may have tortured him before they killed him. Now the lady and children have lost everything and are trying to make ends meat. She said, the lady asked her the other day if she would like to buy a $12,000 dining table for $2,300.00. It was a very sad story. The lady told me its unfortunate that this has happened to her friend and it doesn't matter how much money you make or the status you have because it could be gone in an instant.


Very interesting day I had yesterday and as I reflect on it today it is true that you never know what curve balls life will throw at you. How are we going to respond is what really matters. We all go through trials and horrible tragedies but in the end how are we going to RESPOND! The lady with cancer is waiting for her healing and hasn't given up, and the other lady would rather have her husband than all the material wealth she shared with him, even if it meant not living so lavishly. Yesterday taught me that we are all at different stages and places in our life, but what it comes down to is, we are all the same in one way or another. We need people who genuinely care about us in our life and when we hurt, they hurt with us. When we cry ,they cry with us, when we rejoice, they rejoice with us and when we fall, they don't step on us, but help us up and encourage us to carry on. I want to be a better person and to show the compassion the Lord has given to me. The amazing love the Lord allows us to share with people with no hope, help or direction. Isn't LOVE the greatest force on the universe! We need more of it. Spread love and not hate. After all we are all trying to make it HOME to be with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! God is LOVE!

Comments

What a lovely post.

Sounds like you are truly being used and these ladies benefited from your ministry... I think that is awesome...

your twins are absolutely adorable! love the side picture of them that says best friends... so sweet (o:

happy wednesday,
cat
Thank you for your kind words. I'm always looking for an opportunity to let my LIGHT shine!

Jojo and Judah are a joy to raise! Never a dull moment and they truly are best friends.

Happy Wednesday to you too!
Yvonne
Unknown said…
Hey girl-
Its been too long once again! Very nice & touching post. You just never know do you? Email me this week, I have a question about something and I can never remember your email address!! Must be the age thing! Love you lots & lots....
Shawnna
shawnnabuxton@gmail.com
Hey Shawnna,

Sorry about the tickets. If we weren't going to Mississippii, Ezra could of got them this week. We need to get together soon. Maybe when we get back!

Love you,
Yvonne :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vacation in Washington and Oregon

SeaWorld Bay of Play

They Got It!