Sunday School is Alive!


I started a Sunday School promotion about a month ago and told the children he/she could win tickets to Knott's Berry Farm Soak City! The challenge was, whoever was the first one to bring a first time visitor he/she would win the tickets. We had a winner! Her name is CARINA! Yahoo! Carina has been coming faithfully for about a year now and she is SUNSHINE in my class. She learns all the songs, tries to memorize her verse for the week and pays close attention to the lessons. She is one AWESOME young girl. I was thrilled to award her with the GRAND PRIZE! The Lord has been so good to us. We started Sunday School with just my three children in March a little over a year ago. We had a few children come but not on a regular basis. I would have Joshua close his eyes and I would try to speak faith into that little boy and tell him imagine children sitting here learning with you about Jesus! With his eyes closed I would ask him if he could see children in the class and he would say yes! We went and invited the children and I can truly say they now come on a regular basis. He is always telling me of different children he has invited. I tell him they'll come, because most of the children in our class are there because you invited them! You're a soul winner for sure! Joshua doesn't have the Holy Ghost yet, but has come very close to receiving it a couple of times. Please pray God feels him and it over flows! Back to Sunday School we had 9 children with another first time visitor and we had some children missing! God is so GOOD! I love the children so much! Oh, what joy it is to see a child wiping the tears from their face when we pray for the Lord to help us to do good and not sin. So sincere, so hungry and so excited to be in Sunday School! Yes, Sunday Scholl is Alive and Well! Thank you Jesus!

Comments

Unknown said…
Hey, just came across your blog and have enjoyed reading here so much today.

Love you and your family.

Shirley Buxton
www.writenow.wordpress.com
Wow! What a pleasant surprise! Thank you so much for visiting. Please stop by as often as you can. I followed the series on Grandparents week and loved every minute of it! I also read the Struggle for Home and was so touched by it that I forwarded it to a lady in our church. I hope it blesses her as much as it blessed me! Love you tons! Yvonne aka Vonnie :)
Unknown said…
Thank you, Vonnie. I really do love you and your family.

When you read on my blog, you need to comment! At least say Hi. :)
Unknown said…
One more thing, then I'll leave you alone.

I've very proud of you and your husband starting a church. I know it is a difficult job. But you can do it...I believe in you.

Popular posts from this blog

Vacation in Washington and Oregon

SeaWorld Bay of Play

They Got It!