The Nature Center

Gray Wolf- Look mom, Cool!
By the Turtle exhibit- My guys Jojo, Ezra, Josh, Judah
Trained Red Hawk
Jojo and Josh by the Octupus

Let's pet some Sting Rays
Owl
Jojo and I- Cheese
Bald Eagle with a broken wing


We took a trip to the Nature Center in Chula Vista and had a great time. Joshua's 2ND grade class went on a field trip there last year and he received a return ticket to visit for free as well as a free admission for one adult. The twins were able to go in for free because they don't charge admission for children 4 and under. So we just had to pay for me. It was worth the $6.00 admission for me.
The Nature Center wasn't crowed at all. The kids were able to pet the Sting Rays for a very long time. We took a tour and learned some history about the Nature Center, San Diego Navy and the development of Coronado/San Diego bay front. If you've never been to the Nature Center I highly recommend it. Also we were able to see many types of birds and fishes. I think the best part of the trip is when we came a across a Gray Wolf with Judah's finger in his mouth. He said, Cool mom! All the staff at the Nature Center are volunteers and you can tell they really love their jobs. As we were getting ready to leave we saw a volunteer with a Red tailed Hawk. We drew closer and I began to get a little nervous because the boys wanted to run right up to it and pet it. We grabbed the boys and stayed a few feet away and we were able to take some real cool pictures. We found out that the bird is about 10-15 years old and that is considered middle age for that type of bird. The volunteer said, the birds are trained just like you would train a dog.

Now I could see why the school went on this field trip last year because it was educational and FUN! We definitely will be back again...even if its just to pet the Sting Rays..Way COOL!

Comments

oooh that sounds like fun! I love going to places like this! I guess I'm still a kid at heart... (o:
Hey Cat,

Nothing wrong with being a kid...I had a wonderful kid life and wish sometimes I could go back when life was simple and FUN all the time..but we have to grow up eventually, huh? Shucks! Yes, we had a lot of fun and next time you come down maybe we can go?

Popular posts from this blog

Vacation in Washington and Oregon

SeaWorld Bay of Play

They Got It!