Dad recovering

Dad in the hospital.. I got a call from my mom that my dad had just fallen from a ladder and she wasn't sure how bad the injury was, she said, she would call me once she arrived at the scene. A few minutes went by and I couldn't stand it so I called my mom and she was crying saying my dad was on the floor and there was puddle of blood near his head. I asked if he was breathing and she said, yes that he was able to talk to her and the ambulance was on its way. The paramedics arrived and placed a neck brace on him and whisked him away to the ER.

Early that morning my grandma had asked my dad to fix something on the roof at one of her units. As he was coming down from about 7 feet the ladder went one way and he went another hitting his head very hard on the pavement. He passed out and when he came to, one of my grandmothers tenants was standing over him asking what he wanted her to do. He said, to call my mom Flora and that is exactly what she did. My dad's brother was called to and he arrived shortly after my mom and when he saw my dad he thought he was dead because his eyes were closed and he also saw the puddle of blood. My poor uncle Bob! Last year around this time his granddaughter was killed in a school bus accident and then this. He approached my dad and called his name and my dad responded. A sign of relief swept over him.

When my dad arrived at the ER, he began to vomit. The doctors said, he was suffering from a serious concussion. He vomited several times after arriving and was in much pain. He continued to vomit the next day so they ran several test on him and everything came back negative. His equilibrium was off because he hit his head so hard on the pavement. They decided to keep him and monitor him closely. On the third day he was released from the hospital with no broken bones or stitches. Thank you Jesus! He is still recovering but he is home now and we were able to spend wonderful family time during Christmas. I love you daddy, get well soon!

Comments

Unknown said…
We love you Bro. G and are praying for your complete & speedy recovery.....God bless.
Shawnna & Andrew

Popular posts from this blog

They Got It!

Vacation in Washington and Oregon

SeaWorld Bay of Play